Color Correcting Dupe!? Nichido Beauty Cake Classic Mint








Storytime!
It was December when I bought this Nichido beauty cake.
My actual plan for that day was to buy a Maybelline Hyper wing eyeliner because once upon a time I was scrolling on Facebook and saw a post from the Maybelline fb page that the eyeliner prices was dropped down to 150 pesos!
That's a very huge Christmas sale for me so I went to Watsons and brought only 200 pesos with me.
When I got to the Maybelline stall I asked the saleslady for the eyeliners then BOOM!
The sale price was 250 pesos and I was so upset *sad face*
So I started looking at other makeup stalls for eyeliners then I stumbled on to the Nichido stall.
I was surprised the color was green so I was like "Is this for correcting redness or something?"
Minutes later, I decided to buy it and make a review of it.
Since I thought this would be a good dupe for the green LA concealer.





When I showed this to my grandma she told me about the old days in her teenage years.
She loves wearing makeup * Guess I know where I got it from* and she told me how to use it.
You take a wet sponge and use the color of the beauty cake as a base before the foundation.
She also told me not to put it all over the face because it would make your face look grey.


Packaging

I always thought the packaging was cheap but when I started watching vintage makeup tutorials in the 1940's.
It was quite cool, I saw a lot of them using this type of packaging in foundations.
Now I don't find it cheap anymore.
It gives me the vintage feels. I love it.



Got this little guy from Watsons for only P80

Instructions
" With a moist sponge, apply Nichido Beauty Cake evenly on your face for a smooth perfect coverage."
"Hides Imperfections and stays fresh-looking for hours."

Ingredients
Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben and Perfume
May Contain: +/- CI 77492, CI 77499, C1 77289, CI 12085, CI 19140

The ingredients look deadly.



It's really just a simple packaging.
I didn't use any filter on the photo on the right so you can really see the color of the product.
One thing I hated when I opened it was the SMELL. 
The smell was like Talc, Chemicals and I feel like it can trigger my acne.
Remember I told you about the 1940's makeup? They used a lot of radioactive products on their faces and I think it smells the same as this product.


Let's get started.





I already did my eyebrows, eye makeup and lips.






I have my Maybelline foundation on and I'm using the Clinique to have extra coverage.
I was actually surprised cause it really did neutralize the color of my scars.
It's also long lasting, I took the final picture around 2 pm and I got home around 8 pm but there was still red colored scars being neutralized happening.

I could have use this on my everyday makeup routine but the cons about this for me is that even though it had a good coverage the beauty cake broke me out.
 I had one acne that popped out and also the other thing was that when you take a picture with a flash there are white cast on the areas where you used the beauty cake.



That's it for my makeup review today!
Any comments? I would love to check them out.
Love your inner cool girl,


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top